modified Hooter's Recipe
I love my boyfriend. I really do. If I didn't, I wouldn't make him his favorite meal (buffalo wings) every 5th time he asks. Yes, every fifth (it takes a week just to get help to clean the fryer, so I have to pace myself between kitchen fiascos).
And yes, do this for Superbowl parties. Or any football game. Or any... bad movie showing. Make up an excuse (the boyfriend always does).
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup butter/olive oil
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 2 pkgs. wingettes
- In a container suitable for coating chicken, combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Coat chicken in dry mixture.
- (Optional and highly recommended) Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Apply a second coating of the dry mixture immediately before frying.
- ADDITION: If you choose to refrigerate the wings, and you have sufficient powder for a second coating, refrigerate the powder as well. Preserves it from all the chicken oogey-ness.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and stir in Frank’s sauce. Turn heat to low and keep warm on stove top.
- Deep fry chicken in 375 degree F oil for 13 minutes.
- Immediately coat chicken in buffalo sauce mixture and remove from saucepan with tongs.
Don't forget to take antacids with your beer and wings :-)