Sunday, February 3, 2013

Woven Chain Bracelet

via honestlywtf 

Blue is my favorite color.  Most crafts I do, end up being blue.  I'm not terribly diverse that way.

Personally, I didn't want to shell out $40 for the base bracelet on this (link here), so one 11pm trip to Walmart I found a base I liked for only $3 (and I have 60% of the chain left over, shazam!).

I think mine turned out decently well, and I'm getting better at taking pictures with my camera.




Materials



Cut 2 sets of 15 strands of embroidery thread.  I had 5 various blue shades, so I used 3 of each per side.  She recommends to make the length of each strand 4x bracelet length, but since my chain wasn't as dense I only needed about 3x.  Knot all the threads at the top, leaving about 2" of slack (which you'll trim down when you're done with the braclet).  so I wouldn't have to separate out my strands again, I bobby pinned the sides before I knotted at the top.  

Lay the threads on the left side of the bracelet.  Pull the first color (set on the right) from under the first link and over the top of the left side.



Lay the second color (left side) over the first.  Pull the second color under the same link and over the top again.  Continue until you reach the last link.

I didn't want mine to be quite so chunky, so even though I used a smaller bracelet I wove through each link twice, but if you're using a smaller chain like mine, she has another picture for weaving once through each link - 



I think that looks very pretty too :-)



Mine turned out decently thick, imo.

At the end, finish with a knot and trim the ends.




No comments:

Post a Comment