Sunday, April 22, 2012

Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs

Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs

to make at home (instead of buying at the store)

After I moved in with my boyfriend I thought I had remembered everything I had unloaded from my pantry into our new pantry.  Apparently not... because I didn't have any Italian bread crumbs (needed for chicken parmesan).  And I think "oh CRAP!" until I got creative.  

Ingredients
  • 2 C (lightly smushed) of hand torn slices of your favorite Italian loaf
  • 1/3 C shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbs dried parsley flakes
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instructions
Add half of the ingredients to a food processor and blend.  Remove to a tupperware, then the other half.  Unless of course you have a large food processor, then do the whole thing at once!  Mine is pretty small though.  Makes about 2 1/2 cups.


No comments:

Post a Comment