Mmm... FOOD :-D
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless, like you can buy in the grocery store)
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 C Italian seasoned bread crumbs (if you don't have any: my recipe)
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter (I prefer sweet cream salted)
- 2 C your favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sundried tomatoes (optional)
- Place the milk and eggs in separate bowls, and put the flour and bread crumbs in separate tupperware (so you can close the lid and shake 'em up!).
- Dip each breast in the following order: milk, flour, eggs, bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat until sizzling. Reduce the heat, and cook the chicken until golden brown and the juices run clear when cut with a knife, about 3-5 minutes per side. *Note* If you're only going to cook 1 breast at a time, half the butter and olive oil. Remove to a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Dribble 1/2 cup of the warm tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9"x9" baking dish. Place each chicken breast in the middle and mush 'em around in the sauce to make sure they're well coated on the bottom. Cover with another 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, and half of the shredded mozzarella on top of each chicken breast. *Note* If you chose to include sundried tomatoes, I put mine on before the mozzarella.
- Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.